Ever thought how powerful music could be that every tune and words move us? No doubt every person in this world has a song he could say the 'song of his life'. Songs which he could relate to. Songs that truly define him. Songs that hit him through his core. Songs that one could put, 'the soundtracks of my life'.
I must say I cannot live without music. Who hasn't been a big fan of a singer or a band? Who hasn't collected any music albums or downloaded an mp3 of their favorite song? Who hasn't sing their hearts out when they hold the mic through the videoke?
Music is a way of life. A song is like a poem, only with some tunes and melody. Like a poem, we get to express our deep emotions without knowing we are sharing it to others. It's a form of connecting with other people through music.
I wanted to be a musician, but I landed on something I am not even quite sure I can handle. But this didn't stop me from appreciating music. The semi-disturbed me, finds escape through music. Music gives me an opportunity to vent out the angst which I can't even talk about with others. Music inspires me, it motivates me to do what a rational human being should be doing. It gives me strength from facing every disappointments and frustrations I have. Music is life, it gives life. It lets everyone breathe.
Now, I'd like to make a list of the songs that I could say 'the soundtracks of my life?'. Songs which kept me sane. Here it is, with some of the lines that hit me:
1. "In my Life"- The Beatles. - "There are places I remember, all my life, though some remain, some are dead and some are living.." [LYRICS]
2. "So far away"- Staind.- "This is my life, it's not what it's was before, all these feelings I've shared, and these are my dreams, that I'd never lived before, Somebody shake me 'cause I must be sleeping.." [LYRICS]
3. "Kanlungan"- Noel Kabangon- "Pana-panahon ng pagkakataon, maibabalik ba ang kahapon.." [LYRICS]
4. "Man in the Mirror"- Michael Jackson- "I'm gonna make a change,for once in my life, it's gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference.." [LYRICS]
5. "Seize the Day"- Avenged Sevenfold- "Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost. Its empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over.. " [LYRICS]
6. "I won't back down"- Tom Petty, (liked the Pearl Jam cover!)- "Gonna stand my ground, wont be turned around" [LYRICS]
7. "If it makes you happy"- Sheryl Crow- "If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad?.." [LYRICS]
8. "Time of your life"- Greenday- "So make the best of this test and don't ask why, It's not a question but a lesson learned in time" [LYRICS]
9. "Basket Case"- Green Day- "Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me" [LYRICS]
10. "Drive"- Incubus- "Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, with open arms and open eyes.." [LYRICS]
11. "Imagine"- John Lennon- "Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy, it's easy if you try, no Hell below us.." [LYRICS]
And of course as a Kurt Cobain fan, the list is incomplete without my Nirvana favorite songs:
12. "Come As you are"- "Come as you are, as you were, As I want you to be, As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy" [LYRICS]
13. "All Apologies"- "What else could I say, All my words are gray" [LYRICS]
14. "Something in the Way"- "It’s ok to eat fish, Cause they don’t have any feelings" [LYRICS]
2 months ago