I was invited yesterday to watch the "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen(ROTF)" in Mall of Asia. My friend who's working in an Ad Agency who made the graphics to one of the posters of the movie in SM Malls, told me that the ticket was free and so I went. When we arrived at the cinema I found out that the free passes were VIP tickets. Now, since we have VIP tickets we didn't have to fall in line. We watched the movie on a premiere I-Max cinema along with the winners of the promos for the movie and some heads and staff of the sponsors and media partners. Aside from that we also had a free pictorial with Optimus Prime and a free snack exclusively for those who have VIP tickets. Now how cool was that huh?!
Now, I'd like to go straight to my review of the movie. Sorry there might be some spoilers..
What I liked about ROTF:
1. The new cars and trucks. More decepticons. More action. More guns. Lots of explosions. And the fact that there is War excites me. I'm not in a position to know what's good or bad about the animations and special effects, but for me it's okay.
2. Transformers themselves are cool as they stretch and expand into a more complex and lethal-looking metal monsters and start a "Robot Mayhem"
3. The fact that Michael Bay went back to ancient history is cool for me. It served as an opportunity to explain the origin of the Autobots and Decepticons. I wondered if there's a connection between the fact that western civilization started in the Nile River which is in Egypt too. But whether or not there is any, the choice of the Pyramids of Egypt as one of the locations of the film is a plus.
4. The hilarious scenes of Sam's Mom. Where do you see a mom so naive and stupid to eat marijuana leaves and run around her son's college campus. And as usual John Turturro's funny antics would really make you laugh out loud.
5. The soft-porn feel that Megan Fox puts into this movie, especially that motorcycle scene! "Broom-broom!!" Isabel Lucas was hot too! I don't know what's up with Michael Bay but even the pet dogs and that tiny decepticon robot sent to spy on Sam's girlfriend could not resist their libido.
And these are the ones I didn't like about ROTF:
1. The story line. It's Incoherent. Cluttered. It seemed like a convoluted or twisted treasure hunt for me. The relentless action along with the special effects did not quite support the plot.
2. Over-all acting of Shia Lebouf, though I like that part and the line he says to Megan Fox.
* Sam: .. Because I believe
[Oh I love Sarcasm!!- Homer]
3. Again the acting of the Robots though funny are silly.
4. The fact that there are no unexpected twists. Maybe I won't be saying this if Michael Bay would have killed Bumblee Bee instead. But it's his movie so his call. Maybe he really wanted that there'll be less story and more action.
5. The movie's predictable. Michael should have made a little intellectual feel to it so that those "intelligent" people would have not been insulted. He could have made it less silly.
6. The suspense just leveled-up with the original and the thrills are diminishing.
Now, compared to the original was it better? Probably yes, if you just want to really have fun and relax. But if you're expecting to see a whole lot different movie from the original you'll never get it. What you'll get is more robots (so much for Hasbro's marketing their toys) and more lust-inviting and titillating scenes from Megan Fox and Isabel Lucas.
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen is everything that made the original appear mediocre and awesome at the same time. Sort of a 'sweet revenge'. So quits lang.
Over-all it's entertaining and fun to watch, and probably and indisputably the best film thus far this 2009 for the Transformers aficionados.
Now will I recommend that you watch it? Well, Of course especially if you have VIP tickets. Haha!!
NOW HERE ARE THE PICS WITH OPTIMUS PRIME!!!